Monday, June 25, 2007

Build Shortwave Antenna

Set up a secure wireless network at home ... ragionevoltemente

A few days ago I prepared an access point and back to my house (in fact, below) of him is an ADSL router alice ... Among
'll bring in a little flat mode ... and then remain always on the set so I offer a degree of security against unauthorized access and is not used to strangers, even having the new fashion of war driving.

Let's see if I have everything pretty well prepared to prevent anyone else but me I can use my network for your convenience ...

- Changed the admin password of the access point. It seems trivial, but in almost all periferische we enter through Admin Admin password ... change this seemed the most obvious and easy to do.

- Changed list of MAC addresses allowed to access the access point.

- Low signal strength of the access point to the minimum necessary to get good coverage in the area of \u200b\u200binterest but not to show the network who is out ... I do not live in a crowded area, but if I lived in a condominium not bother me just to see a list of 12 active wireless networks around me ...

- Soon (I have not already done so) will enable WEP encryption.

- configured gateway and ip to work with the ADSL router. (No need for security, but is useless without having an access point on).

0 comments:

Post a Comment